Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Lexus has Left the Building.

Overwhelming...is there a stronger word than overwhelming for my emotions right now? Frank's car is gone..all but the couches in the living room are gone, other 'stuff' is gone.....my daughter, Arya, is gone...unless she decides to come live with us in Kauai, she will never live with me again. I am overwhelmed with emotion right now, and yet this is the path that I have decided to take. I suppose that there would have been a time that this separation would have been apparent, but most likely it would have been initiated by her and not me. And yet today, initiated by my life choices, my baby girl has left for college, and she knows, as do i, our life will not be the same. She has her life in front of her....as do I, but I suppose the clocks that tick, tick differently for us both. She holds the world of possibility in her hands, and I hold a clock that is ticking...more to follow, more in happiness, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment