Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Forgiveness

Forgiveness is such an all encompassing word, we are told we should forgive, that it is a virtue to forgive, that it will set you free...and yet when we speak of forgiveness, so often we are speaking of forgiving another person, someone and something external to us.

I have been spending a lot of time alone, in a beautiful place. And I have lately been having pangs of extreme happiness and joy...and in my moments of overwhelm, I question why and how I am feeling this way, why and how I deserve this...and I have realized the answer. I have been having surges of forgiveness...forgiveness to myself. 

I have for years and years held myself to such a high standard. I have spent a lifetime judging myself. And though I still have that high standard for myself, I have of late allowed myself room to breathe, room to be human, and have allowed myself to begin to forgive the countless mistakes that I have made in my lifetime...the same countless mistakes that I forgive in others...yet I have allowed that forgiveness to roll in my direction and I have allowed myself the same compassion that I direct towards others.

And in that forgiveness and compassion, I see and feel happiness. True happiness. I am a fun-loving and kind person, light in spirit and at times, even funny:)  I am enjoying the times of lightness...enjoying being happy...and I am realizing that I am as entitled to that feeling as anyone else...there is no telling what I can bring to the world with my positive light and energy...to be continued:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment