Total Pageviews

Friday, April 12, 2013

Moving Personal Space

I am getting ready to move early next week...not much more than a mile up the road. But moving is difficult, and though I don't have much 'stuff' anymore, it is still a challenging process. For those of you who do not know, I had shed most all possessions prior to moving to the island. I sold my pretty house, my pretty car, my pretty furniture, my pretty 'stuff'...all to come to the island with minimal baggage.

But moving is not just the moving of the stuff, it is the moving of your personal space...and that is sometimes the challenging aspect of the move. My physical items will be moved in a matter of a few hours, with the help of a few friends, but the shift of personal space is the move that requires an open mind and a willingness to shift perspective to be open to a reality that is different and new. One grows accustomed and attached to their personal space and comfort zone, and moving requires a shift in all that has been comfortable and a stepping out of what has been the routine. There will be yet another new routine, there will be yet another new schedule, there will be yet another new shift in my reality...a reality that has been in transition for the last several years now.



And so I will be moving and transitioning again...all of my moves have been good ones, and this will be also, but it is still a change in my personal space, and a lesson to not get too attached to one's space, because it is ever changing, and that is what makes life so interesting. Life will be a bit new and different next week, and I will transition and shift into a new reality and personal space...looking forward to my new, and did I mention, oceanfront life...next blog will include pictures...aloha!

4 comments:

  1. this is the perfect time to be making such an important transition.... timing is everything...
    I'm so happy for you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oceanfront tends to do wonders for my inner calm. I wonder if your yoga will improve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even think of that...I hope it will improve my yoga!

    ReplyDelete