Total Pageviews

Monday, September 19, 2011

A Heart that Hurts is a Heart that Beats

'A Heart that Hurts is a Heart that Beats'- Bono

Not so much a U2 fan, but this is a good lyric nonetheless. My heart is hurting . We are on the two week countdown of our departure, and I have days left to prepare, but more importantly, days left to connect and reconnect and say my 'goodbye for now' to all those who are near and dear to me. Though I am embarking on an adventure that I anticipate will create new life opportunity and possibility, I am saying 'goodbye for now' to family, friends and relationships that are based on me being present in this life and existence. I cannot predict what will happen to these relationships after I leave...

My heart hurts on so many different levels, from leaving my family and my children and knowing that seeing them will involve major travel and planning, to leaving my friendships, not knowing what kinds of bonds I will be forming and creating in my new life. I am leaving relationships that are new and old, renewed and rekindled, and those that have needed some dusting off...but in all of this, it has made me ponder the relationships of my life, and has made me evaluate the ones that have had an impact...it is not often that we face ourselves with such an unusual task and evaluation process, but in doing so, I do feel the connections and heartbeat of all whom have mattered to me.

There is a sadness, but also a calm in knowing that all connections of the heart are bound by the heart, and remain there always. And in such a process, with such deep emotion, is it not this that makes our heart beat? To know, recognize and acknowledge our heartfelt connections with people? My heart is hurting, yes, but it is not broken...it is beating strong, for I am feeling my connections, and I feel alive.



No comments:

Post a Comment