Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Stable Ground

“How strange that the nature of life is change, yet the nature of human beings is to resist change. And how ironic that the difficult times we fear might ruin us are the very ones that can break us open and help us blossom into who we were meant to be.”
― Elizabeth Lesser

A life in transition, but isn't life always in a transition? Daily, weekly, yearly, we are always in motion, or else we should be...

But in the transitioning, there needs to be stability and solid ground upon which to stand. Two feet on the ground and balanced and centered...and it is here from this position of stability and grounding that we can breathe deeply and find our confidence and voice, our voice to speak our truth and declare our true selves to the world...and ultimately give what we have to offer and receive all that we need.

So even walking on an unstable trail down to a pristine beach to walk in the sand, there needs to be balance and stability somewhere, else we just roll and tumble down the unstable hillside...I have managed to reach the bottom of the hillside, I may have slipped a bit on the way down the trail, but I feel as if I am on stable ground, and that I can begin to stand firm on my two feet. I feel balanced and I feel centered. Perhaps my 'search for aloha' will have to wait a bit while I take the time now to be comfortable in this place of grounding, or perhaps it is here in this grounding that my search begins and ends...not sure, but I am sure of this...that life is in constant motion, but that every day has a beginning and an ending, and it is within this complex structure that we all have to create a place of harmony, peace and balance.


No comments:

Post a Comment